Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sequin Nips!

I feel so horrible for Esteban Cortazar, who I think is adorable, as he was recently ousted from the house of Emanuel Ungaro. In his place we now have a pair of "creative advisers," one of them being Lindsay Lohan. Oooh dear. I needn't say much more. The other is Estrella Archs, who if you noticed, seems to use the same shapes from her Spring/Summer 2009 line in her line for Ungaro for Spring/Summer 2010. Lets compare Spring/Summer Ungaro lines shall we?


Esteban Cortazar for Emanuel Ungaro Spring/Summer 2009


Lindsay Lohan & Estrella Archs for Emanuel Ungaro Spring/Summer 2010

So what do you think? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however, please take into account that Valentines day falls in the winter time, so wtf is going on with this color palette?! Since viewing the rest of the Spring/Summer 2010 collection I've been really wondering if Ms. Lohan actually wears sequin heart nipple covers. HOPE SO!



Apparently Esteban was fired after he refused to work with Lindsay. Maybe there's some dignity in that? I think it's disgusting how this fashion world is so dependent on the financial world. It's no mystery that this Lohan thing was brought about to spice up the brand's image in order to gain more sales. Regardless, Ungaro is receiving more attention than ever, and is there really a difference between the good and the bad kind of publicity? I'm really not sure anymore. All I know is that I'm dreading the next collection!

[images from style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you want. Chances are I'll return the favor.